Sunglasses cause toilet blockage ‘chaos’ at Cineworld in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Drainage workers trying to get to the bottom of a toilet blockage at Cineworld in Ilford were surprised to discover the trouble was caused by a pair of sunglasses.
It appears an unlucky cinemagoer had mislaid his shades in the gents’ toilets at the cinema in Clements Road.
Workers from Metro Rod West Essex made the discovery on Sunday and the sunglasses were left with staff in case the owner wants to retrieve them.
Office manager Lorraine Davis said: “It’s far from the weirdest thing found in those toilets - once there was a pair of jeans with tags on.
“The glasses were in a very dirty toilet - no matter how much you disinfect them, I wouldn’t put them on my face.”
You may also want to watch:
Cineworld manager Scott Watson said the blockage caused “chaos”.
He added: “There was a very bad smell for a while. They’ve found all sorts in the toilets, there are some very strange people.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit