Sunglasses cause toilet blockage ‘chaos’ at Cineworld in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Drainage workers trying to get to the bottom of a toilet blockage at Cineworld in Ilford were surprised to discover the trouble was caused by a pair of sunglasses.
It appears an unlucky cinemagoer had mislaid his shades in the gents’ toilets at the cinema in Clements Road.
Workers from Metro Rod West Essex made the discovery on Sunday and the sunglasses were left with staff in case the owner wants to retrieve them.
Office manager Lorraine Davis said: “It’s far from the weirdest thing found in those toilets - once there was a pair of jeans with tags on.
“The glasses were in a very dirty toilet - no matter how much you disinfect them, I wouldn’t put them on my face.”
You may also want to watch:
Cineworld manager Scott Watson said the blockage caused “chaos”.
He added: “There was a very bad smell for a while. They’ve found all sorts in the toilets, there are some very strange people.”
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford