Wanstead synagogue appoints new rabbi
- Credit: Sukkat Shalom Reform Synagogue
A synagogue in Wanstead has appointed a new Rabbi.
Dr Tali Artman-Partock will succeed Rabbi Larry Becker at Sukkat Shalom Reform Synagogue in August.
Dr Artman-Partock, who takes over at the synagogue in its 40th year, was born in Israel and obtained a PhD in Rabbinic Literature from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
She moved to England in 2014 to lecture at Cambridge University’s Faculty of Divinity and was ordained as a rabbi in July.
She said: "Judaism has always had a big brain, but it could not have survived if it did not also have a big heart.
You may also want to watch:
“This Judaism, that involved mind, body and soul is what makes Sukkat Shalom so special.
“I hope that in my years there, I will be able to support the community in becoming a home for as many Jewish people and Jewish experiences as possible and follow Rabbi Larry’s footsteps of interfaith dialogue and care for the wider community."
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
The synagogue thanked Rabbi Larry for his 13 years of leadership and wished him a happy retirement.