Stripper teacher ‘rescued Redbridge boy from Pakistan madrassa’
A former Redbridge teacher reprimanded for starring in adult films claims he is caring for a boy who fled a Pakistan madrassa.
Benedict Garrett, who moonlighted as a stripper while teaching at Beal High School, Woodford Bridge Road, spoke of his shock when the Redbridge teenager contacted him on Facebook in January asking for help, he claims.
He said the boy had asked to leave after what he believed was a two-week visit emerged to be a two-year stay at the Islamic school.
Mr Garrett bought his airline ticket and met him at the airport in February.
He claims he has been paying for and looking after the teenager ever since, and was cleared by Hackney social services to look after him.
You may also want to watch:
The boy, now 17, is living with Mr Garrett outside London.
Mr Garrett, 31, was found guilty of unacceptable professional conduct at the Redbridge school, but left free to continue teaching by the General Teaching Council yesterday.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
He said he had dipped in and out of work as a naked butler, adult film star and stripper for years, adding acting naked was a “liberating experience”.