Storage company gives space to burnt-out Gants Hill family
A generous self storage company has lent a helping hand to a family whose house was ruined by a fire.
Big Yellow Self Storage in Eastern Avenue, Gants Hill has offered Tarek Elalfi 18 free boxes, worth �55, and complimentary use of one of its storerooms after his property was left waterlogged and smoke damaged.
Mr Elalfi, of Capel Gardens, Seven Kings led his wife Victoria and two children Nadia, 12 and Jospeh, three, to safety after a blaze started in the attic in the early hours of May 4.
They were all unhurt and managed to get out before the smoke got into the house.
Mr Elalfi said: “This is a very kind gesture to make in challenging times and I am very thankful.
You may also want to watch:
“It will allow me to store some of the stuff that has been salvaged and has nowhere to go at the moment.”
It took a couple of hours to get the fire, which started in the loft of a next door property, under control and Mr Elalfi said it would be six months until his house would be habitable again.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
“We’re going through all our stuff at the moment and looking for alternative accommodation because our house requires a lot work before we can move back in.
“Things are moving but quite slowly and we are staying with my father-in-law at the moment.
“My daughter is a bit distraught at losing some of her things but we are all OK which is the most important thing.”
Store manager Ibrahim Khan said: “We always like to give to charities and help out the community in times of need.
“When we saw the story we wanted to do out bit and offered the boxes and storage space.
“This was a very sad and shocking incident and we hope this small gesture will help Tarek and his family through a difficult time.”