Stoptober starts tomorrow - tell us your stories Redbridge smokers
- Credit: Andrey Kiselev - Fotolia
Stoptober gets underway tomorrow - a challenge for all smokers to kick the habit for 28 days.
Those who stop smoking for the month and don’t smoke again could gain an extra week of life for each 28 days they give up.
As well as the obvious health benefits, stopping smoking will save the average smoker £150 a week, which equals £2,000 a year!
Last year 160,000 people in the UK successfully completed the challenge saving a staggering £25 million on cigarettes.
Are any Redbridge residents planning on taking up the challenge?
You may also want to watch:
Share your tips and tricks on how to kick the habit with email@example.com.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion