Stoptober starts tomorrow - tell us your stories Redbridge smokers
- Credit: Andrey Kiselev - Fotolia
Stoptober gets underway tomorrow - a challenge for all smokers to kick the habit for 28 days.
Those who stop smoking for the month and don’t smoke again could gain an extra week of life for each 28 days they give up.
As well as the obvious health benefits, stopping smoking will save the average smoker £150 a week, which equals £2,000 a year!
Last year 160,000 people in the UK successfully completed the challenge saving a staggering £25 million on cigarettes.
Are any Redbridge residents planning on taking up the challenge?
You may also want to watch:
Share your tips and tricks on how to kick the habit with email@example.com.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station