Stolen car found in Ilford - seven hours after being taken from Hertfordshire home
Two helicopters and officers from several police forces swooped on Ilford today to recover a stolen BMW.
The top-of-the-range car was discovered in a suspected illegal workshop in Romford Road, ready to be refitted for sale.
It had disappeared in a burglary almost seven hours earlier in Potters Bar - nearly 20 miles away.
Helicopters hovered over the area for more than half an hour to help the operation at around 3pm.
A spokesman for Herfordshire Constabulary said the car had been stolen during a burglary in Potters Bar shortly after 8am.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The BMW was driven away and it was subsequently traced to Ilford.
“We have arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of burglary and he is in custody.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts