Stoke’s Jamie Ness signs for Orient on loan
- Credit: Archant
Orient boss Russell Slade has completed his first signing of the transfer window, bringing Jamie Ness in on a 28-day loan from Stoke.
The 22-year-old midfielder has made one senior appearance for the Potters, turning out in a 4-3 Carling Cup defeat to Swindon Town last season.
The Scot joined the club last summer after Rangers went into liquidation, refusing to his contract transferred to its replacement Rangers newco.
He will be available for tomorrow’s FA Cup clash with Yeovil - and could be thrust straight into action with an injury to Romain Vincelot and Marvin Bartley’s ineligibility under the terms of his loan from Burnley completing the O’s midfield ranks.
Ness made 19 appearances for the Ibrox outfit and will wear the number 29 shirt during his time at Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
He has been capped twice by the Scottish under-21 side.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague