Stoke’s Jamie Ness signs for Orient on loan
- Credit: Archant
Orient boss Russell Slade has completed his first signing of the transfer window, bringing Jamie Ness in on a 28-day loan from Stoke.
The 22-year-old midfielder has made one senior appearance for the Potters, turning out in a 4-3 Carling Cup defeat to Swindon Town last season.
The Scot joined the club last summer after Rangers went into liquidation, refusing to his contract transferred to its replacement Rangers newco.
He will be available for tomorrow’s FA Cup clash with Yeovil - and could be thrust straight into action with an injury to Romain Vincelot and Marvin Bartley’s ineligibility under the terms of his loan from Burnley completing the O’s midfield ranks.
Ness made 19 appearances for the Ibrox outfit and will wear the number 29 shirt during his time at Brisbane Road.
You may also want to watch:
He has been capped twice by the Scottish under-21 side.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit