Steve Davis and Barry Hearn set for Woodford Green hospice fundraiser
A Woodford Green hospice is bringing together two top sporting speakers and planning a winter dog walk to raise funds.
Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, can call on the engaging voices of professional snooker player Steve Davis and sports promoter Barry Hearn on March 22.
The talkative pair will make an exclusive appearance as part of the charity’s partnership with World Snooker, which Mr Hearn chairs.
Natalie Tomlinson, the hospice’s marketing manager, said: “It’s an opportunity to hear Barry and Steve talk about their lives and careers.”
There will be an auction of sporting memorabilia and items donated by Mr Hearn at the event at Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club, Abridge Road, Chigwell.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is also repeating its successful “Pooches On The Plain” event on February 26.
Owners and their dogs are encouraged to embrace the colder weather for a three-mile sponsored stroll in Chigwell Plain.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
There will be a prize awarded to the best dressed “pooch”, with doggy bags for the pets and winter-warming refreshments.
World Snooker is aiming to raise �120,000 for the charity by June this year with volunteers collecting donations at the recent Masters tournament in Alexandra Palace.
Tickets to the Woolston Manor night, which starts at 7pm, cost �95 including a three-course meal and two bottles of Peroni.
For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Erica Snow on 020 8506 3637.
The sponsored walk costs �5 to enter with a suggested fundraising amount of �25.
For more information contact Natalie Tomlinson on 020 8506 3639 or email email@example.com.