Steve Davis and Barry Hearn set for Woodford Green hospice fundraiser
A Woodford Green hospice is bringing together two top sporting speakers and planning a winter dog walk to raise funds.
Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, can call on the engaging voices of professional snooker player Steve Davis and sports promoter Barry Hearn on March 22.
The talkative pair will make an exclusive appearance as part of the charity’s partnership with World Snooker, which Mr Hearn chairs.
Natalie Tomlinson, the hospice’s marketing manager, said: “It’s an opportunity to hear Barry and Steve talk about their lives and careers.”
There will be an auction of sporting memorabilia and items donated by Mr Hearn at the event at Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club, Abridge Road, Chigwell.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is also repeating its successful “Pooches On The Plain” event on February 26.
Owners and their dogs are encouraged to embrace the colder weather for a three-mile sponsored stroll in Chigwell Plain.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
There will be a prize awarded to the best dressed “pooch”, with doggy bags for the pets and winter-warming refreshments.
World Snooker is aiming to raise �120,000 for the charity by June this year with volunteers collecting donations at the recent Masters tournament in Alexandra Palace.
Tickets to the Woolston Manor night, which starts at 7pm, cost �95 including a three-course meal and two bottles of Peroni.
For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Erica Snow on 020 8506 3637.
The sponsored walk costs �5 to enter with a suggested fundraising amount of �25.
For more information contact Natalie Tomlinson on 020 8506 3639 or email email@example.com.