Steve Davis and Barry Hearn set for Woodford Green hospice fundraiser
A Woodford Green hospice is bringing together two top sporting speakers and planning a winter dog walk to raise funds.
Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, can call on the engaging voices of professional snooker player Steve Davis and sports promoter Barry Hearn on March 22.
The talkative pair will make an exclusive appearance as part of the charity’s partnership with World Snooker, which Mr Hearn chairs.
Natalie Tomlinson, the hospice’s marketing manager, said: “It’s an opportunity to hear Barry and Steve talk about their lives and careers.”
There will be an auction of sporting memorabilia and items donated by Mr Hearn at the event at Woolston Manor Golf and Country Club, Abridge Road, Chigwell.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is also repeating its successful “Pooches On The Plain” event on February 26.
Owners and their dogs are encouraged to embrace the colder weather for a three-mile sponsored stroll in Chigwell Plain.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
There will be a prize awarded to the best dressed “pooch”, with doggy bags for the pets and winter-warming refreshments.
World Snooker is aiming to raise �120,000 for the charity by June this year with volunteers collecting donations at the recent Masters tournament in Alexandra Palace.
Tickets to the Woolston Manor night, which starts at 7pm, cost �95 including a three-course meal and two bottles of Peroni.
For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Erica Snow on 020 8506 3637.
The sponsored walk costs �5 to enter with a suggested fundraising amount of �25.
For more information contact Natalie Tomlinson on 020 8506 3639 or email email@example.com.