Stars of the The Only Way is Essex film in Ilford
Two of the stars of The Only Way is Essex were in the borough on Tuesday filming scenes for the show in a theatre that they used to perform in.
Gemma Collins and James Argent (Arg) spent several hours at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford filming scenes for Sunday’s episode of the ITV 2 show.
Manager, Steven Day, who has been friends with the couple for many years, said: “I first met Gemma and Arg when we used to do shows together at the theatre. I had mentioned to Arg in the past that it would be great to be featured in the show.”
Mr Day has kept in regular contact with Arg, who is one of the original cast members, but had not spoken to Gemma in about 14 years.
He added: “When we met up it was really good fun and we started singing on stage. I hope it will help to promote the theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
The scenes will be shown as part of Sunday night’s episode at 10pm on ITV2.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit