Stars of the The Only Way is Essex film in Ilford
Two of the stars of The Only Way is Essex were in the borough on Tuesday filming scenes for the show in a theatre that they used to perform in.
Gemma Collins and James Argent (Arg) spent several hours at the Kenneth More Theatre, Oakfield Road, Ilford filming scenes for Sunday’s episode of the ITV 2 show.
Manager, Steven Day, who has been friends with the couple for many years, said: “I first met Gemma and Arg when we used to do shows together at the theatre. I had mentioned to Arg in the past that it would be great to be featured in the show.”
Mr Day has kept in regular contact with Arg, who is one of the original cast members, but had not spoken to Gemma in about 14 years.
He added: “When we met up it was really good fun and we started singing on stage. I hope it will help to promote the theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
The scenes will be shown as part of Sunday night’s episode at 10pm on ITV2.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 9 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 10 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff