Stalemate for O’s at Gateshead
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Pre-season friendly: Gateshead 0 Leyton Orient 0
Leyton Orient had to settle for a goalless draw in their pre-season friendly at Conference Premier side Gateshead.
New signing Shane Lowry came in for his debut at centre back, while on the bench was German defender Ayo Okosun, who spent last season playing for Danish Division One side AB.
The first half was a rather uneventful one, though Kevin Lisbie headed wide from Dean Cox’s centre.
Lowry’s debut only lasted 43 minutes as he was taken off as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the chances started to come as Cox tested home goalkeeper Scott Bartlett, before Elliot Omozusi went close when volleying David Mooney’s cross, but Bartlett produced a fine save to keep the game goalless.
Shaun Batt tried to curl one in but Bartlett was again equal to the effort, while Marvin Bartley was denied as he reacted quickest to Cox’s free-kick hitting the post.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval
Mooney and Chris Dagnall combined for the former to go close, while Orient’s sub goalkeeper Gary Woods was called into action late on to deny Rob Ramshaw.
That proved to be the last action of the match, and Russell Slade’s side now head to League Two side Northampton Town on Saturday.
Leyton Orient first half: Legzdins, Omozusi, Sawyer, Vincelot, Baudry, Cox, James, Lisbie, Mooney, Lowry, Pritchard.
Second half: Woods, James, Baudry, Clarke, Omozusi (Lee 71), Batt, Vincelot (Okosun 60), Bartley, Cox (Smith 79), Dagnall, Mooney