Staff from Woodford Green hospice taking on running challenge
- Credit: Archant
Workers from a children’s hospice will take on a running challenge to raise money for it.
Sophie Nathan, Lauren Beard, Rachel Flower, Charlotte Terry, Teena Antoniou, Sarah Spackman and Natalie Tomlinson are taking part in the British 10k London Run for Haven House Children’s Hospice, Woodford Green.
Sophie, 23, who grew up in Woodford Green, did an internship at the hospice while studying.
She has always been passionate about what the charity does and is now the co-ordinator of its sibling service.
Sophie said: “The community is really supportive and it’s all for a good cause – a way of helping others.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been training since January. It’s hard but it pushes us to help out and it’s something that we really want to do.”
Haven House is a charity which helps children who have life-limiting and life-threatening diseases, providing end-of-life care.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The British 10K London is on Sunday, July 13.
To sponsor the girls, visit justgiving.com/Haven-House-Hunnies.