Staff and residents at Chadwell Heath care home fail to let rain dampen their spirits at summer fete
- Credit: Archant
A care home hosted a range of activities for residents at its summer fete.
Staff and residents at Gable Court Nursing Home, in Roxy Avenue, Chadwell Heath, enjoyed entertainment from a singer as well as cakes and refreshments.
The event was attended by Redbridge’s deputy mayor Linda Huggett.
The home’s activity coordinator, Michele Labonne, said: “Because of the rain we had to rush back and put the tables in the lounge, but we [still] had a lovely time.
“Everybody enjoyed themselves and the residents were happy with the entertainer. It was a good afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
The fete raised £502.83 for Gable Court’s residents’ fund, which is used to buy presents for them on their birthdays and other treats.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses