Spurs hero Jermain Defoe to open family hairdressers in Woodford Green
Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is showing his support for his family tomorrow by opening a hairdressers in Woodford Green.
Hot off the heels of starring for his club in the FA Cup, Defoe will be one of the first people through the door at The Wood in Snakes Lane East.
The Tottenham hotshot is supporting his cousin, Tyrone Marcelle, 27, the brains behind the venture, which is aimed at both Afro-Caribbean and European hairstyles.
It will employ five hairdressers.
Obi Williams, a publicity agent for the business, said: “We want it to have a community feel. “There will be PlayStations for young people and a space where they can do their homework.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully the Spurs players will use it as well.”
The Premiership club currently trains at Spurs Lodge in Luxborough Lane, Chigwell.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
Defoe scored twice against Stevenage yesterday in the 3-1 win over Stevenage.
The salon, at 92 Snakes Lane East, will be open during Friday, with food and drinks available for visitors, with Defoe making an appearance at 5pm.