Spurs hero Jermain Defoe to open family hairdressers in Woodford Green
Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is showing his support for his family tomorrow by opening a hairdressers in Woodford Green.
Hot off the heels of starring for his club in the FA Cup, Defoe will be one of the first people through the door at The Wood in Snakes Lane East.
The Tottenham hotshot is supporting his cousin, Tyrone Marcelle, 27, the brains behind the venture, which is aimed at both Afro-Caribbean and European hairstyles.
It will employ five hairdressers.
Obi Williams, a publicity agent for the business, said: “We want it to have a community feel. “There will be PlayStations for young people and a space where they can do their homework.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully the Spurs players will use it as well.”
The Premiership club currently trains at Spurs Lodge in Luxborough Lane, Chigwell.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
Defoe scored twice against Stevenage yesterday in the 3-1 win over Stevenage.
The salon, at 92 Snakes Lane East, will be open during Friday, with food and drinks available for visitors, with Defoe making an appearance at 5pm.