Spurs fan and Redbridge cardiologist Dr Andrew Deaner invited into directors’ box after Muamba collapse
A doctor who rushed to the aid of collapsed footballer Fabrice Muamba, having founded a Redbridge heart attack group nine years ago, sat in the directors’ box at White Hart Lane for last night’s re-arranegd FA Cup match.
Spurs fan Dr Andrew Deaner is clinical director for acute medicine for Redbridge’s hospital trust.
He leapt from his seat in the stand on March 17 and advised medical staff on the pitch on the resuscitation efforts after Muamba went into cardiac arrest.
Yesterday he was in the directors’ box as a guest of Spurs to watch the home side beat Bolton 3-1 to set up a semi final clash with Chelsea.
Dr Deaner co-founded the King of Hearts cardiac support group in 2003 and has been its president ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Just days before Muamba’s collapse, he was at the group’s annual meeting at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside, to talk about a host of issues, including the cardiac unit in King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Group chairman Henry Phillips, 76, of Chigwell, said: “I’m very proud of him. He’s a superman.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
“He’s a very quiet person and he keeps himself to himself. He would jump a fence to help someone who needed it, that’s the sort of person he is.”
Dr Deaner oversees cardiac care at King George, and also works at the private Spire Roding Hospital in Roding Lane South, Redbridge, and the London Chest Hospital.