Spurs fan and Redbridge cardiologist Dr Andrew Deaner invited into directors’ box after Muamba collapse
A doctor who rushed to the aid of collapsed footballer Fabrice Muamba, having founded a Redbridge heart attack group nine years ago, sat in the directors’ box at White Hart Lane for last night’s re-arranegd FA Cup match.
Spurs fan Dr Andrew Deaner is clinical director for acute medicine for Redbridge’s hospital trust.
He leapt from his seat in the stand on March 17 and advised medical staff on the pitch on the resuscitation efforts after Muamba went into cardiac arrest.
Yesterday he was in the directors’ box as a guest of Spurs to watch the home side beat Bolton 3-1 to set up a semi final clash with Chelsea.
Dr Deaner co-founded the King of Hearts cardiac support group in 2003 and has been its president ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Just days before Muamba’s collapse, he was at the group’s annual meeting at Fullwell Cross Library, High Street, Barkingside, to talk about a host of issues, including the cardiac unit in King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
Group chairman Henry Phillips, 76, of Chigwell, said: “I’m very proud of him. He’s a superman.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
“He’s a very quiet person and he keeps himself to himself. He would jump a fence to help someone who needed it, that’s the sort of person he is.”
Dr Deaner oversees cardiac care at King George, and also works at the private Spire Roding Hospital in Roding Lane South, Redbridge, and the London Chest Hospital.