Spurs’ Bale brings Christmas cheer to sick children
SPURS superstar Gareth Bale brightened up the faces of youngsters during a hospital visit last week.
The Tottenham Hotspur player was joined by teammate Jonathan Woodgate to hand out presents to children at Whipps Cross University Hospital, Leytonstone.
They also greeted staff, parents and other patients and posed for photographs.
Head of nursing Eileen Elms said: “The players spent genuine time talking to the children which really brightened up their day.
“We are extremely grateful to Spurs for arranging the visit and it has made such a difference.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bale said: “It was a pleasure meeting the children and we enjoyed handing out the Christmas gifts.
“To be able to give something back to the community is a special feeling and it makes our day as much as it does theirs.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest