Sports clubs, schools and community groups can benefit from £300k Olympics legacy fund
Sports clubs, schools and community groups can benefit from a £300,000 Olympics legacy fund by applying from Monday.
The money has been allocated as part of Redbridge Council’s commitment to creating a “lasting legacy from the 2012 Games”, according to a council spokesman.
It will be administered over two funding rounds, with grants of between £1,000 and £15,000.
Projects in four areas will be funded - sustainability; community and volunteering; culture and heritage and sport.
Applications for the first round of funding must be received by the council by May 19.
You may also want to watch:
Decisions for bids in this round will be made by July.
Visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/legacyfund for more information or call 020 8708 2856.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge