Spontaneously combusting towels start fire at Woodford Green beauty salon
Spontaneously combusting towels started a fire at a Woodford Green beauty salon yesterday evening.
The small blaze was quickly brought under control by firefighters at His and Hers Beauty Clinic, in Snakes Lane East, around 9pm.
Chemicals and hair products on towels left in a tumble drier appeared to have spontaneously started to burn.
Woodford fire station watch manager Terry Jayes said: “Self-heating chemicals left on the towels started the fire.
“We arrived and quickly had the fire out and spoke to all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something to remember to remove towels from tumble driers as soon as possible.”
No one was injured in the fire.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle