Spontaneously combusting towels start fire at Woodford Green beauty salon
Spontaneously combusting towels started a fire at a Woodford Green beauty salon yesterday evening.
The small blaze was quickly brought under control by firefighters at His and Hers Beauty Clinic, in Snakes Lane East, around 9pm.
Chemicals and hair products on towels left in a tumble drier appeared to have spontaneously started to burn.
Woodford fire station watch manager Terry Jayes said: “Self-heating chemicals left on the towels started the fire.
“We arrived and quickly had the fire out and spoke to all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something to remember to remove towels from tumble driers as soon as possible.”
No one was injured in the fire.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts