Sponsored dog walk in Hainault Forest to raise funds for Saint Francis Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A 3.5km walk in Hainault Forest on May 19 will help to raise vital funds for hospice care services.
The “Woof and Wellies” sponsored dog walk for Saint Francis Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower is returning for a fourth year.
Hospice events manager Lauren Josman said: “It’s a chance to have some fun and exercise with your dog, while doing some good. Your support will mean the hospice, including the team of bereavement counsellors can continue making a difference to the lives of local people.”
Tricia Robinson, one of 34 volunteer bereavement counsellors at the hospice, experienced the hospice care first hand when her mum was an inpatient in 2004. Tricia said: “The staff were understanding and made Mum comfortable. She felt safe and our family appreciated the support.”
Alongside the walk there will be an appearance from dog whisperer Glen Stanford and displays covering agility, obedience and security dog handling from Essex based Dog Training Centre of Excellence.
You may also want to watch:
Places are £5 per person and should be booked in advance.
To take part call 01708 771405, email email@example.com or book online at www.sfh.org.uk. All dogs who take part receive a medal and a goodie bag.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme