Sponsored dog walk in Hainault Forest to raise funds for Saint Francis Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A 3.5km walk in Hainault Forest on May 19 will help to raise vital funds for hospice care services.
The “Woof and Wellies” sponsored dog walk for Saint Francis Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower is returning for a fourth year.
Hospice events manager Lauren Josman said: “It’s a chance to have some fun and exercise with your dog, while doing some good. Your support will mean the hospice, including the team of bereavement counsellors can continue making a difference to the lives of local people.”
Tricia Robinson, one of 34 volunteer bereavement counsellors at the hospice, experienced the hospice care first hand when her mum was an inpatient in 2004. Tricia said: “The staff were understanding and made Mum comfortable. She felt safe and our family appreciated the support.”
Alongside the walk there will be an appearance from dog whisperer Glen Stanford and displays covering agility, obedience and security dog handling from Essex based Dog Training Centre of Excellence.
You may also want to watch:
Places are £5 per person and should be booked in advance.
To take part call 01708 771405, email email@example.com or book online at www.sfh.org.uk. All dogs who take part receive a medal and a goodie bag.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 10 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees