Spellbinding fun in Ilford as Harry Potter characters come to town
Children dressed in Hogwarts attire arrived at a shopping centre last week to meet two of the main characters from the hugely popular Harry Potter book series about a magical school.
The Exchange, High Road, Ilford, held Harry Potter fun days on Friday and Saturday to entertain children.
Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid posed for photos while walking around the centre meeting shoppers.
Young visitors also got the chance to see a number of owls which regularly feature in the blockbuster films.
Organiser Jayne Burton said: “I am very pleased with the outcome and the family event went extremely well and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
You may also want to watch:
“Some children had never even seen a real owl, let alone be able to hold one.”
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath