Spellbinding fun in Ilford as Harry Potter characters come to town
Children dressed in Hogwarts attire arrived at a shopping centre last week to meet two of the main characters from the hugely popular Harry Potter book series about a magical school.
The Exchange, High Road, Ilford, held Harry Potter fun days on Friday and Saturday to entertain children.
Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid posed for photos while walking around the centre meeting shoppers.
Young visitors also got the chance to see a number of owls which regularly feature in the blockbuster films.
Organiser Jayne Burton said: “I am very pleased with the outcome and the family event went extremely well and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
You may also want to watch:
“Some children had never even seen a real owl, let alone be able to hold one.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?