Speedy Scott feels the power of Formula Two
Scott Malvern had another taste of Formula Two power last week when he was asked to participate in a promotional day on behalf of Comma Oils and Motorsport Vision Racing.
They own the Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Snetterton Race circuits and despite wet and very tricky conditions, the Barkingside racer enjoyed his run in the car and impressed onlookers with his display.
Malvern had a Formula Two car before as part of the evaluation for the 2010 McLaren Autosport Young Driver Award competition and was delighted to get another chance.
“I would have loved to have raced in this category and am confident I could have done a very good job,” he said.
“The cars produce over 500bhp and you get to race at many top Grand Prix tracks like Monza, Spa & Silverstone. There is also live TV coverage.
You may also want to watch:
“The cars are designed and built by the Williams Formula One team and the championship winner participates at an official Formula One Test day in a Williams F1 car so it’s a great prize for drivers and sponsors alike.
“We’ll have to see what happens but a race seat in F2 for 2012 would be a great career move for me.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
The Barkingside driver who recently gained the support of Wanstead-based surveyors Johal Regan returns to race action in his less powerful Jamun-Mygale Formula Ford car at Brands Hatch this weekend with two races on Saturday and a further race on Sunday.
Malvern is the man in form in the Dunlop MSA Championship of Great Britain having won seven of the nine races held so far, and urges his local supporters to make the trip to see him in action at Brands Hatch.
“It’s not too far away at all just a few minutes from the Dartford Crossing and it promises to be a great weekend of action with British GT and Formula Three Cars also participating.”