Speedy Scott feels the power of Formula Two
Scott Malvern had another taste of Formula Two power last week when he was asked to participate in a promotional day on behalf of Comma Oils and Motorsport Vision Racing.
They own the Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Snetterton Race circuits and despite wet and very tricky conditions, the Barkingside racer enjoyed his run in the car and impressed onlookers with his display.
Malvern had a Formula Two car before as part of the evaluation for the 2010 McLaren Autosport Young Driver Award competition and was delighted to get another chance.
“I would have loved to have raced in this category and am confident I could have done a very good job,” he said.
“The cars produce over 500bhp and you get to race at many top Grand Prix tracks like Monza, Spa & Silverstone. There is also live TV coverage.
You may also want to watch:
“The cars are designed and built by the Williams Formula One team and the championship winner participates at an official Formula One Test day in a Williams F1 car so it’s a great prize for drivers and sponsors alike.
“We’ll have to see what happens but a race seat in F2 for 2012 would be a great career move for me.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
The Barkingside driver who recently gained the support of Wanstead-based surveyors Johal Regan returns to race action in his less powerful Jamun-Mygale Formula Ford car at Brands Hatch this weekend with two races on Saturday and a further race on Sunday.
Malvern is the man in form in the Dunlop MSA Championship of Great Britain having won seven of the nine races held so far, and urges his local supporters to make the trip to see him in action at Brands Hatch.
“It’s not too far away at all just a few minutes from the Dartford Crossing and it promises to be a great weekend of action with British GT and Formula Three Cars also participating.”