South Woodford club Funky Mojoe bids again for later opening hours six days after application withdrawal
A South Woodford nightclub has re-submitted an application for later opening hours less than a week after withdrawing a previous attempt.
Funky Mojoe in High Road, South Woodford, has reapplied this morning to Redbridge Council to stay open until 2am on August 27, October 29, Christmas Day and December 27.
The club withdraw a bid for the same temporary event notices (TENs) on Friday.
It has been the subject of complaints by neighbours over noise and anti-social behaviour with regular meetings held between the venue’s management, residents, the council and Redbridge police to improve the situation.
This week, Iain Duncan Smith, the MP for Chingford and Woodford Green, called for a review into the venue’s licence.
You may also want to watch:
Regarding today’s re-submission, a spokesman for residents’ group Woodford Action Group, which is campaigning to cut the club’s opening hours, said: “This is quite irresponsible, disingenuous and cynical behaviour from a business that has no consideration for residents or their quality of life.”
Licensed premises are allowed 12 TENs applications a year, covering up to a total of 21 days.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
Funky Mojoe has had five TENs for events that have gone ahead this year.
Applications do not count towards the total if they are withdrawn before the events take place.
The venue withdraw an application for six notices to stay open until 3am earlier in the year.
The management of Funky Mojoe is not willing to comment to the Recorder on its licensing applications.