South Woodford children’s show explores family life with robot brother
- Credit: Archant
Take a leap into the near future, and discover the moving yet humorous tale of a lonely little girl whose dad invents a robot brother for her.
My Brother the Robot incorporates a great family story and a number of fantastic songs.
This new production, based on an original story by Toby Mitchell, forms the third of Tall Stories’ educational, science-inspired series following on from How the Giraffe got its Neck and Twinkle Twonkle.
Director Mr Mitchell said: “I started writing the story three years ago and I liked the idea of exploring the relationship between a robot and a child. My son is an only child so it is loosely based on him.
“Today we leave children to play with technology so often and there is less interaction, so I incorporated a robot into this idea.
You may also want to watch:
“The hardest thing about the show was deciding how to stage the robot, but in the end we decided an actor was the best idea.”
The production is on at Redbridge Drama Centre, Lovegrove Theatre, Churchfields, South Woodford, from Thursday until April 26. To book call 020 8708 8803 or visit www.redbridgedramacentre.co.uk.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?