South Woodford celebrate reaching 60 not out
Bowls club mark Diamond anniversary
South Woodford Bowls Club used a recent club drive to celebrate the club’s 60th anniversary and over 40 members turned out on five rinks to signify the importance of the milestone.
Players young and old were there for the day, including three of the club’s real veterans. Joan Franklin and Margaret Sanders are still having roll-ups into their nineties, while also there on the day was Len Hills, who has turned 100!
The winners on what was a very enjoyable afternoon were Adriene Hughes, one of South Woodford’s new bowlers for the ladies and the experienced Peter Barham for the men.
Club president Carol Beesley presided over the day and chair Sheila Martin organised the catering.
You may also want to watch:
The South Woodford club in Elmhurst Gardens are always on the lookout for new members, so why not give ladies captain Shirley Orford on 020 8504 4819 or men’s captain Ray Morgan on 020 8504 4973 to discuss the club.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones