South Woodford celebrate reaching 60 not out
Bowls club mark Diamond anniversary
South Woodford Bowls Club used a recent club drive to celebrate the club’s 60th anniversary and over 40 members turned out on five rinks to signify the importance of the milestone.
Players young and old were there for the day, including three of the club’s real veterans. Joan Franklin and Margaret Sanders are still having roll-ups into their nineties, while also there on the day was Len Hills, who has turned 100!
The winners on what was a very enjoyable afternoon were Adriene Hughes, one of South Woodford’s new bowlers for the ladies and the experienced Peter Barham for the men.
Club president Carol Beesley presided over the day and chair Sheila Martin organised the catering.
You may also want to watch:
The South Woodford club in Elmhurst Gardens are always on the lookout for new members, so why not give ladies captain Shirley Orford on 020 8504 4819 or men’s captain Ray Morgan on 020 8504 4973 to discuss the club.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman