South Woodford baker smashes cake sale record
- Credit: Archant
A cake baker has organised her ninth sale in her garden at home and smashed her previous fundraising record, collecting £1,700 for Haven House.
Michelle Van Lint, of South Woodford, held the tea party at her Derby Road home earlier this month.
Friends, family and neighbours all supported the event - where there was a raffle and a shoe sale - in aid of the hospice.
Mrs Van Lint: “Thank you to everyone who came along and helped - what an amazing day we had.
“It was exhausting, but I am already thinking about next year’s event, which will be the 10th anniversary - I am hoping to raise more than ever.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to hold a cake sale for Haven House, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 020 8506 3637.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan