South Woodford autism campaigner calls for Twitter support of United Nations day
South Woodford autism campaigner Ivan Corea wants people in Redbridge to take to Twitter on April 2 to support a United Nations initiative.
Mr Corea, whose son Charin, 16, has the lifelong developmental disability, is calling for tweets of support on the organisation’s World Autism Awareness Day.
He said: “You may not have a personal connection with someone with autism - but if you have a twitter account please show your support by tweeting for autism using the hashtag #worldautismday.
“There are over 500,000 people with autism in the UK and 67 million people with autism around the world.”
Mr Corea runs the UK Autism Foundation in George Lane, South Woodford, and held his own Twitter Storm in February to mark the annual event he set up – Autism Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The foundation awarded �500 to STAAR - Supporting Those with Autism and Aspergers in Redbridge - earlier this month to provide after-school clubs for people with autism.
Mr Corea said: “They are the unsung heroes of Redbridge and they deserve greater support and recognition in the borough.”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath