Son of Ilford man fatally stabbed: He was the best dad in the world
- Credit: Archant
A grieving son has paid tribute to his dad after he was fatally stabbed in Ilford.
Arnold Onea, 25, from Portsmouth, said his dad Florin Onea, 49, of Hickling Road, was the “best dad in the world” after he died on Monday – nine days after he was stabbed.
“He was a very strong man, he was very powerful, he was unbelievable,” added Arnold, who said his father had come to the UK from Romania about six years ago.
Police have since launched a murder investigation following the death.
It comes after officers were called to reports of a disturbance at a residential address in Hickling Road on Saturday, October 17.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested Marcel Criahan, of Hickling Road, the same day, in connection with the incident.
The 34-year-old was charged with GBH with intent the following day, and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates Court on October 19.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court on November 3.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) are investigating.
Read our full interview with Arnold in tomorrow’s Recorder.