Solutions to Israel Palestine conflict topic of talk at Woodford Liberal Synagogue
A charity working to find solutions to the conflict between Israel and Palestine visited a synagogue in South Woodford to talk about their work.
More than 50 members of the Woodford Liberal Synagogue, Marlborough Road, listened to the presentation by charity One Voice.
The charity has elected representatives who work to promote a two state solution to the conflict.
The evening kicked off with an introduction by Rabbi Richard Jacobi.
This was followed by three speeches by charity representatives who live in Palestine, Israel and London on the situations they come across in their day-to-day work.
You may also want to watch:
The evening, held last week, was rounded off with a lively question and answer session as well as tea and cake.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 4 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead