Snow in Redbridge: Schools closed, bin collections delayed
MORE than 25 schools in Redbridge are closed today and bin collections are delayed as the borough tries to battle through another helping of snowfall.
Parks will be closed an hour early – at about 3pm – and some smaller and remote parks could stay shut all day Redbridge Council has said.
Major roads were gritted overnight and refuse and recycling vehicles are being delayed by the snow and ice.
It is not clear this morning whether any planned collections will be cancelled.
The Tube network is also feeling the strain, but Transport for London says the Central Line is running a good service.
There are severe delays on the Bakerloo, Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Jubilee lines.
The primary schools closed today are: St Bede’s Catholic Primary; Manford; John Bramston; Barley Lane; SS Peter and Paul’s Catholic; Highfields; Mayfield; Mossford Green; Hatton; Grove; Nightingale; Fullwood; Glade; Chadwell; Ilford Jewish; Mayespark; Newbridge; Gordon Infants; Redbridge; Christchurch; South Park; Gearies Infants and Junior; Fairlop; Cranbrook and Clore Tikva.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Man with Woodford Green links wanted in connection with assault
- 3 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 4 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 10 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members
The closed secondary schools are: Wanstead High; Ilford County High; Caterham High; King Solomon High and Trinity Catholic High.
Valentines High will close at 1pm and their OAP Christmas party scheduled for tonight has been cancelled.
Snaresbrook Primary School nursery is also closed due to heating problems but the school itself remains open.
If you’ve taken any pictures of the snowy weather, send them to email@example.com.