Snow in Redbridge: Schools closed, bin collections delayed
MORE than 25 schools in Redbridge are closed today and bin collections are delayed as the borough tries to battle through another helping of snowfall.
Parks will be closed an hour early – at about 3pm – and some smaller and remote parks could stay shut all day Redbridge Council has said.
Major roads were gritted overnight and refuse and recycling vehicles are being delayed by the snow and ice.
It is not clear this morning whether any planned collections will be cancelled.
The Tube network is also feeling the strain, but Transport for London says the Central Line is running a good service.
You may also want to watch:
There are severe delays on the Bakerloo, Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Jubilee lines.
The primary schools closed today are: St Bede’s Catholic Primary; Manford; John Bramston; Barley Lane; SS Peter and Paul’s Catholic; Highfields; Mayfield; Mossford Green; Hatton; Grove; Nightingale; Fullwood; Glade; Chadwell; Ilford Jewish; Mayespark; Newbridge; Gordon Infants; Redbridge; Christchurch; South Park; Gearies Infants and Junior; Fairlop; Cranbrook and Clore Tikva.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
The closed secondary schools are: Wanstead High; Ilford County High; Caterham High; King Solomon High and Trinity Catholic High.
Valentines High will close at 1pm and their OAP Christmas party scheduled for tonight has been cancelled.
Snaresbrook Primary School nursery is also closed due to heating problems but the school itself remains open.
If you’ve taken any pictures of the snowy weather, send them to email@example.com.