Snow forces Redbridge schools to shut
SCHOOLS in Redbridge have been forced to stay shut today as London is swept with its first load of snow of the winter.
Both Gearies Junior School, Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill and Gearies Infants School, Waremead Road, Gants Hill, are closed.
Newbridge School’s campuses in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Loxford Lane, Ilford are closed, though staff are being asked to try to get into work.
The nursery at Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Primary School, Chestnut Drive, Wanstead is shut while there will be no afternoon nursery at Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, Hainault.
Fairlop Primary will close at 2pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Parkhill Junior School, Lord Avenue, Clayhall, is closed today due to problems with the school’s heating system.
Keep logging on to the Recorder website for updates.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
Do you have any pictures of today’s snow? We’d love to see them. Email email@example.com.