Snow forces Redbridge schools to shut
SCHOOLS in Redbridge have been forced to stay shut today as London is swept with its first load of snow of the winter.
Both Gearies Junior School, Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill and Gearies Infants School, Waremead Road, Gants Hill, are closed.
Newbridge School’s campuses in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Loxford Lane, Ilford are closed, though staff are being asked to try to get into work.
The nursery at Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Primary School, Chestnut Drive, Wanstead is shut while there will be no afternoon nursery at Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, Hainault.
Fairlop Primary will close at 2pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Parkhill Junior School, Lord Avenue, Clayhall, is closed today due to problems with the school’s heating system.
Keep logging on to the Recorder website for updates.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
Do you have any pictures of today’s snow? We’d love to see them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.