Snow forces Redbridge schools to shut
SCHOOLS in Redbridge have been forced to stay shut today as London is swept with its first load of snow of the winter.
Both Gearies Junior School, Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill and Gearies Infants School, Waremead Road, Gants Hill, are closed.
Newbridge School’s campuses in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Loxford Lane, Ilford are closed, though staff are being asked to try to get into work.
The nursery at Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Primary School, Chestnut Drive, Wanstead is shut while there will be no afternoon nursery at Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, Hainault.
Fairlop Primary will close at 2pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Parkhill Junior School, Lord Avenue, Clayhall, is closed today due to problems with the school’s heating system.
Keep logging on to the Recorder website for updates.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
Do you have any pictures of today’s snow? We’d love to see them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.