Snow forces Redbridge schools to shut
SCHOOLS in Redbridge have been forced to stay shut today as London is swept with its first load of snow of the winter.
Both Gearies Junior School, Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill and Gearies Infants School, Waremead Road, Gants Hill, are closed.
Newbridge School’s campuses in Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Loxford Lane, Ilford are closed, though staff are being asked to try to get into work.
The nursery at Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic Primary School, Chestnut Drive, Wanstead is shut while there will be no afternoon nursery at Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, Hainault.
Fairlop Primary will close at 2pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Parkhill Junior School, Lord Avenue, Clayhall, is closed today due to problems with the school’s heating system.
Keep logging on to the Recorder website for updates.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
Do you have any pictures of today’s snow? We’d love to see them. Email email@example.com.