Snow and “lack of air” cause chaos for Redbridge trains
TRAINS passing through the borough are running with severe delays, with some reporting they have “run out of air.”
National Express East Anglia has warned some trains could be up to 45 minutes late because of the poor weather conditions.
But one commuter, who boarded at Seven Kings, said his train was at a standstill for up to 40 minutes before passengers were told they had to get off at Forest Gate.
He said: “They said the train had run out of air and they would need to get more air pumped into it.
“I have never heard of that happening and don’t know what it means.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been told the train behind is 26 minutes late.
“It’s very cold and I have my two-year-old daughter with me.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
“We’re incredibly late now.”
Another train earlier this morning was also said to be reporting the same fault.
Keep checking the Recorder website for travel updates.