Snow and “lack of air” cause chaos for Redbridge trains
TRAINS passing through the borough are running with severe delays, with some reporting they have “run out of air.”
National Express East Anglia has warned some trains could be up to 45 minutes late because of the poor weather conditions.
But one commuter, who boarded at Seven Kings, said his train was at a standstill for up to 40 minutes before passengers were told they had to get off at Forest Gate.
He said: “They said the train had run out of air and they would need to get more air pumped into it.
“I have never heard of that happening and don’t know what it means.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been told the train behind is 26 minutes late.
“It’s very cold and I have my two-year-old daughter with me.
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute
“We’re incredibly late now.”
Another train earlier this morning was also said to be reporting the same fault.
Keep checking the Recorder website for travel updates.