Snooker star Ronnie O’Sullivan has car crash en route to Chigwell home
- Credit: PA
Snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan and his six-year-old son were last night involved in a car crash on the M1 as they made their way home to Chigwell.
The five-times world champion and Ronnie Jnr were travelling in a two-seater Audi R8 sports car when it spun out of control on the M1 near Leicester at around 1.30am.
Neither suffered serious injuries but they were understood to have been left “shaken” after pulling themselves out of the wreckage.
A police spokeswoman said: “We would not identify those involved in a road traffic collision but we did have a crash on the M1 southbound at about 1.30 in the morning. There was an adult and a child in that vehicle.”
The car reportedly hit a pool of standing water before smashing into the central reservation as O’Sullivan and his son travelled home to Chigwell in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The incident came just hours after the 38-year-old lost the World Championship final to Mark Selby by 18 frames to 14 at the Crucible theatre in Sheffield.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine