Smooth operators - Seven Kings Bowling Club groundsmen to revitalise green
- Credit: Archant
A historic bowls club is set to be revitalised after the club’s groundsmen kicked off a training course that will see them invigorate the 86-year-old green.
Seven Kings Bowling Club in Seven Kings Park, Ilford will be restored to its former glory after new council contractors Gound Control rolled out the new scheme.
After becoming increasingly affected by moss and fairy rings, the company has acted to resolve the problems on the green by educating the team through the Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) course.
Gary Armstrong, the assessor, provided the teams with expert advice on maintaining and improving sporting surfaces - from technical adjustments with machinery to managing the long term recovery of the turf.
Neil Huck, Ground Control’s national training manager, said the course demonstrates the relentless efforts by the company to improve service delivery.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “To be an industry leader we must recognise the need to demonstrate a passion for progression, something that Ground Control has once again proven by answering the skills gap amongst our new Redbridge teams by up skilling them to an IOG standard for fine sports turf maintenance.”
Ground Control has was recently selected as one of the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange Group. They maintain sites including the Tower of London and the National Maritime Museum.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor