Slade overwhelmed by support from O’s fans
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
With Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade’s job on the line at Notts County last night, it was clear to see the players and the 311 travelling supporters all wanted to see him remain at the club.
Fans sung throughout and held up cards expressing their desire for the 53-year-old to be kept on by a watching owner Francesco Becchetti, sporting director Mauro Milanese and chief executive Alessandro Angelieri.
And an ‘overwhelmed’ Slade sung the praises of them all for their support in what has been a difficult time for the man that started his managerial career at Meadow Lane.
“In terms of the fans’ attitude, whether it has been social media or the numbers that have come out tonight with the cards they have been showing, it has been quite overwhelming to be honest,” said Slade.
“I don’t know how many games I have done now but to see that support, despite not having a great start, is nice.”
You may also want to watch:
You couldn’t question the desire and commitment of his players on the night, and Slade revealed every single player, despite the likes of Lloyd James being injured, wanted to play to ensure a positive result for their boss.
“All the players wanted to play, even though they are not ready,” he added.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
“Lloyd James wanted to play, and everybody wanted to play for me to get a result and in terms of their attitude they have been wonderful.”