Slade hopes for big home date
- Credit: Archant
Orient boss wants to ‘fill stadium’
Orient boss Russell Slade is hoping for a ‘big home tie’ when the second round draw of the Capital One Cup is made today (Thursday).
A last-gasp Kevin Lisbie goal knocked out crisis club Coventry in midweek, after the visitors had been reduced to 10 men and O’s keeper Jamie Jones had saved a 79th-minute penalty.
And Slade would like to see his men rewarded with a mouthwatering fixture, to entice the fans to Brisbane Road.
He said: “It was an exciting cup tie and to have five, six, seven thousand in here would’ve been tremendous.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be nice to get a big one at home. One of the bigger boys at home to fill the stadium.
“I want to get as many people in this stadium in the next round with a big club down here. That would be fantastic and if it’s half as entertaining as this and we win, of course and get into the third round, then I’ll be delighted.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London