Slade hails “ruthless” Leyton Orient in Notts County thrashing
- Credit: Archant
Russell Slade hailed his Leyton Orient side’s “ruthless” touch in front of goal as they smashed basement boys Notts County 5-1 on Tuesday evening to extend their winning start to seven league games.
The win sees high-flying Orient move five points clear at the top of the League One table and they remain the only side out of the entire 92 professional clubs in England to have a 100 per cent record.
And while the O’s chief felt they were slow to get going, he couldn’t complain about the end result.
“I couldn’t be happier and the goals were raining in tonight and everyone was chipping in,” said Slade. “Notts County came here with a certain game plan and we had to adjust to that to be fair. As soon as we began to deal with it we got on top a little bit and when we get in that final third we are deadly at the moment.
“We were ruthless and that’s exactly what I asked of them in both boxes and that’s what I got.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Lisbie made it eight goals in nine appearances this season with a first-half double, before further strikes from Dean Cox and substitutes Shaun Batt and Jayden Stockley sealed a routine win against a hapless County, who did pull one back through Danny Haynes.
Slade added: “That’s Kevin at the moment, if it’s not David Mooney, it’s Lisbie and I am delighted that Shaun Batt has come on and scored and Jayden has taking his goal really well, so that’s good news for us.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved