Slade furious as Swindon fan ‘attacks’ Orient goalkeeper Jones
- Credit: Getty Images
Orient manager Russell Slade is furious that an “assault” on his goalkeeper Jamie Jones has overshadowed their 3-1 win at Swindon Town.
The fan ran onto the pitch and threw three punches at Jones in the second half before he was stopped by stewards.
Slade said: “That’s the worst scene I’ve seen since I’ve been at the club.
“He should be banned for life. You don’t want to see that in football.
“I’ll have to speak to the chief executive before we decide if there’s anything we can do.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a shame that it’s overshadowed what was an excellent performance.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved