Sky 1’s Got To Dance final tonight sees Ilford dancer take on the best
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford member of a dance crew is working hard ahead of the live television final to find the best dancers in the UK.
Christopher Balbastro, of IMD, is in with a chance of winning £250,000 with his fellow dancers in the live final of Sky 1’s Got to Dance tonight.
The troupe, who are all aged between 11 and 16, got through to the final last month during a live semi final.
The hip-hop group were told early on that their talent was rare to see by judge Aston Merrygold from JLS, especially because of the age of the youngest members.
Two other borough dancers did not make it through to the final of the show.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge’s Rajni Ghir, 24, of group Gaana Rajas, said she is hoping she will continue to bring the traditional eastern style of dance to the “mainstream”.
She said: “Being on the show has been very surreal. The whole experience has been crazy and a lot of hard work, but so enjoyable for all 10 of us.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
Holly Palmer, 23, of Goodmayes, is one of 15 dancers in Collective ENT, who also got as far as the semi finals before being eliminated.
On Sky 1 HD tonight (Sunday) at 6pm.