Sky 1’s Got To Dance final tonight sees Ilford dancer take on the best
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford member of a dance crew is working hard ahead of the live television final to find the best dancers in the UK.
Christopher Balbastro, of IMD, is in with a chance of winning £250,000 with his fellow dancers in the live final of Sky 1’s Got to Dance tonight.
The troupe, who are all aged between 11 and 16, got through to the final last month during a live semi final.
The hip-hop group were told early on that their talent was rare to see by judge Aston Merrygold from JLS, especially because of the age of the youngest members.
Two other borough dancers did not make it through to the final of the show.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge’s Rajni Ghir, 24, of group Gaana Rajas, said she is hoping she will continue to bring the traditional eastern style of dance to the “mainstream”.
She said: “Being on the show has been very surreal. The whole experience has been crazy and a lot of hard work, but so enjoyable for all 10 of us.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Holly Palmer, 23, of Goodmayes, is one of 15 dancers in Collective ENT, who also got as far as the semi finals before being eliminated.
On Sky 1 HD tonight (Sunday) at 6pm.