Sister of a Clayhall motorcyclist who died is amazed by support
The sister of a young motorcyclist who died after his bike collided with a car has described the support from the community as “amazing” after they held a special event to mark his birthday.
The family of Kieran Jettoo, of Stradbroke Grove, Clayhall, who died in a motorbike accident less than three months ago, held a family fun day on Saturday to raise money for a memorial for the 21-year-old.
His sister Zena Bhundia, 27, of New North Road, Hainault, said: “My family and I decided to throw a special fun day in honour of Kieran’s birthday and we wanted everyone to get together on a happier note.
“Originally we just wanted people to come together and we didn’t even think of it as a fundraiser but people have been so generous and they started donating so we thought we should do something for Kieran with the money.”
The young man, who would have been celebrating his 22nd birthday tomorrow (Wednesday), died after his bike collided with a car on the A113 Ongar Road near Abridge, Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bhundia said: “It has been amazing to see how many people loved and cared for him and how generous they have been. Kieran will be proud of us; he always liked a fuss and he would have loved the barbecue at the weekend.”
The family fun day event, which included face painting and a bouncy castle raised more than �500 which will be spent on a memorial in The City of London Crematorium, Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Mrs Bhundia said: “I still can’t believe he is no longer with us and I no longer have a brother.
“He wasn’t one of those silly drivers who get a motorbike just for the thrill. It was a hobby and he hoped one day he would own a motorbike repair shop.
“We would like to plant a tree or buy a bench. It would be nice for us to be able to visit a special place to be close to him.”