Sir Trevor Brooking appearance boosts Chabad Lubavitch’s charitable efforts
- Credit: Archant
A guest appearance by West Ham FC legend Sir Trevor Brooking has helped raise £4,000 for a synagogue.
The former footballer was the star turn at an evening organised by Chabad North East London & Essex in Gants Hill last week.
Speaking at the event, Brooking, 66, said: “I’ve been made to feel very welcome by lots of football people here.
“I didn’t appreciate how extensive Chabad’s work was across different countries.”
Rabbi Aryeh Sufrin, of Chabad Lubavitch, leads several substance misuse programmes including crisis intervention and support.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We are delighted with this event, laid on by our fundraising committee. “Funds raise from this evening will assist Chabad locally in its education and preventative work, vital to the wellbeing of so many desperate for support and often practical assistance.”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath