Sikhs in the City - Breaking down Redbridge barriers one ward at a time
An interfaith group has thanked the efforts of everyone who took part and supported a sponsored run which travelled through every ward of Redbridge.
The Redbridge Faith Forum said that the money raised will be used to continue their work breaking down barriers between different religious groups.
Shamshia Ali, from the forum, said: “It’s the first fundraising event that anyone has done for us. The grants were reduced this year and we have struggled to get other funding from other sources.”
The runners from Sikhs in the City ran through each of the wards covering about 20 miles in just over three hours.
Run organiser Harmander Singh, 53, of Wellesley Road, Ilford, said: “We wanted to get the word out about what they are doing. We planned to do it in five hours but we did it a bit faster.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to make a donation to the forum email email@example.com.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care