Sikhs in the City - Breaking down Redbridge barriers one ward at a time
An interfaith group has thanked the efforts of everyone who took part and supported a sponsored run which travelled through every ward of Redbridge.
The Redbridge Faith Forum said that the money raised will be used to continue their work breaking down barriers between different religious groups.
Shamshia Ali, from the forum, said: “It’s the first fundraising event that anyone has done for us. The grants were reduced this year and we have struggled to get other funding from other sources.”
The runners from Sikhs in the City ran through each of the wards covering about 20 miles in just over three hours.
Run organiser Harmander Singh, 53, of Wellesley Road, Ilford, said: “We wanted to get the word out about what they are doing. We planned to do it in five hours but we did it a bit faster.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to make a donation to the forum email email@example.com.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford