Sexual exploitation of women to be discussed at Redbridge Town Hall
The subject of who is really exploiting south Asian women will be the focus of a conference taking place on Saturday.
Organisers say that they want to address whether sexual exploitation is rife within the Asian community following a number of high profile court cases in the media.
The conference will discuss sexual exploitation and look at prostitution within the Asian community and ways to combat it.
The free of charge event will kick off at 10.30am and run until 4.30pm at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.
Topics include scale of the problem, how to support victims and the role gurdwaras could, and do, play.
You may also want to watch:
Speakers include Cllr Filly Maravala and Rita Chadha from the Refugee and Migrant Forum of East London, High Road, Ilford.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman