Sexual exploitation of women to be discussed at Redbridge Town Hall
The subject of who is really exploiting south Asian women will be the focus of a conference taking place on Saturday.
Organisers say that they want to address whether sexual exploitation is rife within the Asian community following a number of high profile court cases in the media.
The conference will discuss sexual exploitation and look at prostitution within the Asian community and ways to combat it.
The free of charge event will kick off at 10.30am and run until 4.30pm at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.
Topics include scale of the problem, how to support victims and the role gurdwaras could, and do, play.
You may also want to watch:
Speakers include Cllr Filly Maravala and Rita Chadha from the Refugee and Migrant Forum of East London, High Road, Ilford.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower