Severe delays at Redbridge Tube stations after fire alert
Tube stations across the borough are suffering severe delays after a fire alert at Leyton.
There is no service between Woodford and Liverpool Street and Newbury Park and Liverpool Street on the Central line.
As well as affecting Stratford – where the Olympic Park is – the delays also cover Gants Hill, Redbridge, Wanstead, South Woodford and Snaresbrook stations.
Transport for London has said London Underground tickets will be accepted on Greater Anglia and bus services.
But commuters have taken to social networking site Twitter saying buses are “so full” they are not stopping at Gants Hill station.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you been affected by the delay? Tweet us @ilfordrecorder, call us on 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?