Severe delays at Redbridge Tube stations after fire alert
Tube stations across the borough are suffering severe delays after a fire alert at Leyton.
There is no service between Woodford and Liverpool Street and Newbury Park and Liverpool Street on the Central line.
As well as affecting Stratford – where the Olympic Park is – the delays also cover Gants Hill, Redbridge, Wanstead, South Woodford and Snaresbrook stations.
Transport for London has said London Underground tickets will be accepted on Greater Anglia and bus services.
But commuters have taken to social networking site Twitter saying buses are “so full” they are not stopping at Gants Hill station.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you been affected by the delay? Tweet us @ilfordrecorder, call us on 020 8477 3806, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'