Seven months of improvement work on Ilford train line to start next week
- Credit: Archant
Seven months of improvement works on the train line through Ilford and Seven Kings is starting next week.
Network Rail is installing new foundations, steel masts and power lines along the track “to enable trains to run more efficiently and safely”.
The work will be carried out on weekends between Stratford and Seven Kings from August 30 until March 31.
People living and working in properties next to the track have been warned of possible disruption, although the “noisiest work” is scheduled only on Sundays and bank holidays between 8am and 8pm.
To avoid affecting train services, the upgrade will mostly be done at night weekends and over the Christmas holidays.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to residents, Network Rail community relations manager Rupal Patel said: “The equipment we use means some disturbance is unavoidable but we will make every effort to minimise any unnecessary noise.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week