Seven months of improvement work on Ilford train line to start next week
- Credit: Archant
Seven months of improvement works on the train line through Ilford and Seven Kings is starting next week.
Network Rail is installing new foundations, steel masts and power lines along the track “to enable trains to run more efficiently and safely”.
The work will be carried out on weekends between Stratford and Seven Kings from August 30 until March 31.
People living and working in properties next to the track have been warned of possible disruption, although the “noisiest work” is scheduled only on Sundays and bank holidays between 8am and 8pm.
To avoid affecting train services, the upgrade will mostly be done at night weekends and over the Christmas holidays.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to residents, Network Rail community relations manager Rupal Patel said: “The equipment we use means some disturbance is unavoidable but we will make every effort to minimise any unnecessary noise.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 6 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London