Seven Kings woman and friends pay tribute to late husband and local hospice with charity walk
A Seven Kings woman has brought together friends from across Redbridge to take part in a 10k charity walk in memory of her late husband.
Angie Brown, 62, and a team of seven women, including her three sisters, will take on the midnight challenge as Johnnie’s Angels on July 7 to support the Saint Francis Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower.
Angie’s husband, John, died last November from a rare form of lung cancer and spent five weeks being cared for at the hospice as an in-patient.
She said: “We felt privileged to be there and have John looked after so well, even though it was a horrible time for us.
“Since my husband died, I have had bereavement counselling at the hospice, which has been such a support for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Another member of the group, Angela Harber, from Newbury Park, said: “It should be a fun evening and we are supporting such a vital local charity.”
The “Star Trek” walk starts and finishes at The Liberty Shopping Centre in Romford with entertainment beforehand including singing and a Zumba warm-up.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
Entry costs �15 and entrants receive a goody bag and a medal.
To enter email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 771405.