Seven Kings secondary school wins school of the year award
- Credit: Photo: Georgina May
The Isaac Newton Academy has won the secondary school of the year award at the 2018 Shine A Light Awards.
The school in Cricklefield Place, Seven Kings, won the award for its “continued commitment to developing its students’ communication skills.”
Run by learning company Pearson in partnership with The Communication Trust, the awards took place on Thursday, March 22 and were hosted by stand-up comedian, actor and TV writer, Adam Hess.
The awards are a national scheme that celebrates innovative work and excellent practice in supporting children and young people’s communication development.
Rachel Macfarlane, Principal at the school said it was an “honour” to receive the award and added: “The importance of SLC development can be seen through our Harkness teaching style and our Bridges framework, which underpins everything we do.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proud and excited to see the progress made by every student and it is wonderful that these measures have been recognised through the Shine a Light Awards.”
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath