Seven Kings schoolgirl dies after falling from footbridge
A 16-year-old Seven Kings schoolgirl has died after falling from a bridge in Leytonstone.
Police are treating the death of the girl as non-suspicious.
The student of The Palmer Catholic Academy, Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, fell from a footbridge close to the Green Man Roundabout, on to the A12, at 12.31pm yesterday.
A section of the A12 was closed in both directions for a short time.
The youngster was confirmed dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is due to take place at Walthamstow Mortuary on either Monday or Tuesday, police have said.
Next of kin have been informed of the death.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off