Seven Kings schoolgirl dies after falling from footbridge
A 16-year-old Seven Kings schoolgirl has died after falling from a bridge in Leytonstone.
Police are treating the death of the girl as non-suspicious.
The student of The Palmer Catholic Academy, Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings, fell from a footbridge close to the Green Man Roundabout, on to the A12, at 12.31pm yesterday.
A section of the A12 was closed in both directions for a short time.
The youngster was confirmed dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is due to take place at Walthamstow Mortuary on either Monday or Tuesday, police have said.
Next of kin have been informed of the death.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation