Seven Kings murder: Man denies cutting the throat of former girlfriend Elizabeta
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of cutting the throat of his former girlfriend appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Genu Armeanu, 45, allegedly stabbed Elizabeta Lacatusu, 44, to death in Norfolk Road, Seven Kings, on Wednesday evening, January 3.
At a preliminary hearing this morning, Armeanu, who denies murder, spoke only to confirm he understood the allegations against him.
Both Armeanu and Elizabeta had travelled to London from Vaslui, in eastern Romania, for work, several years earlier.
It has been locally reported in Romanian newspapers that Elizabeta moved to London in order to get a better quality of life and had previously dated Genu.
You may also want to watch:
She worked at a restaurant in Ilford and was returning home when she was stabbed to death.
Armeanu, who was wearing a grey jumper, was remanded into custody ahead of his next appearance at the Old Bailey where the case will now be heard.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 4 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
A trial, provisionally scheduled to last for two weeks, was set for June 18.
A psychiatric report for Armeanu was also ordered.