Seven Kings man pops the question in hot air balloon
A couple were flying high after they sealed their future by getting engaged in a hot air balloon.
Rupen Shah, 27, of Meads Lane, Seven Kings, popped the question to his girlfriend of 14 months Nilma of Kingston-upon-Thames.
The pair had met 20 months before and Rupen had originally intended to propose on Nilma’s 27th birthday on August 7, but due to adverse weather conditions the balloon ride and proposal had to be moved to a later date.
While the pair chose the ring together, Nilma had no idea when she would be proposed to.
The couple arrived in Chipping, Ongar, where they were booked to fly on a balloon with GO Ballooning.
You may also want to watch:
“The flight was wonderful and the weather perfect”, said Rupen. “Once we were up in the air, I got down on one knee and asked Nilma to be my wife.”
Rupen and Nilma are Hindus and as is tradition, they will be having a formal ceremony in January, when they exchange rings in front of all of their family.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 5 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
A date for the wedding has been set for November 2012 and once the couple are married they will be setting up home together in the Ilford area.