Seven Kings hairdressers thrill customers in Michael Jackson charity dance
Hairdressers dropped their scissors and turned their salon into a stage to perform 80s hit song Thriller by Michael Jackson.
UK Salon Group in High Road, Seven Kings, was made to look like a graveyard to raise funds for outdoor play equipment for a children’s ward at King George Hospital, Goodmayes.
Manager Heather Annison said: “We were pleased to raise �1300 for the outdoor toys, they gave us a shopping list which we can cover, with some extras.
“We wanted to give to the hospital because it is local, and we knew the outdoor area needed some improvement.”
To raise the money, customers were asked to sponsor hairdressers to perform the routine, those who put forward money were entered into a draw for prizes.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s brilliant that we raised so much, especially during this time of financial strain,” added Miss Annison.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP