Seven Kings hairdressers thrill customers in Michael Jackson charity dance
Hairdressers dropped their scissors and turned their salon into a stage to perform 80s hit song Thriller by Michael Jackson.
UK Salon Group in High Road, Seven Kings, was made to look like a graveyard to raise funds for outdoor play equipment for a children’s ward at King George Hospital, Goodmayes.
Manager Heather Annison said: “We were pleased to raise �1300 for the outdoor toys, they gave us a shopping list which we can cover, with some extras.
“We wanted to give to the hospital because it is local, and we knew the outdoor area needed some improvement.”
To raise the money, customers were asked to sponsor hairdressers to perform the routine, those who put forward money were entered into a draw for prizes.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s brilliant that we raised so much, especially during this time of financial strain,” added Miss Annison.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault