Seven Kings father and daughter reaching new heights with giant sunflowers
- Credit: Archant
A father and daughter team from Seven Kings have spruced up their garden by growing giant sunflowers.
Ghulam Muhammed Patel and Rabia Patel have even seen one flower soar to a height of 10ft six inches.
Gardening is not their only shared interest as they are both accountants, as is Ghulam’s other daughter Ayesha.
Ghulam, who lives in Cambridge Road with his daughters, said: “The hot weather over the last month has had a fantastic effect.
“It has been amazing to come home in the evenings and see that some plants have grown at least a few inches during the course of the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Rabia added: “The flowers have encouraged natural wildlife, we have had more bees and butterflies in the garden this year than I can ever remember.”
The sunflowers’ seeds will also be used by keen bakers Rabia and Ayesha to make cakes and biscuits.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford