Seven Kings father and daughter reaching new heights with giant sunflowers
- Credit: Archant
A father and daughter team from Seven Kings have spruced up their garden by growing giant sunflowers.
Ghulam Muhammed Patel and Rabia Patel have even seen one flower soar to a height of 10ft six inches.
Gardening is not their only shared interest as they are both accountants, as is Ghulam’s other daughter Ayesha.
Ghulam, who lives in Cambridge Road with his daughters, said: “The hot weather over the last month has had a fantastic effect.
“It has been amazing to come home in the evenings and see that some plants have grown at least a few inches during the course of the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Rabia added: “The flowers have encouraged natural wildlife, we have had more bees and butterflies in the garden this year than I can ever remember.”
The sunflowers’ seeds will also be used by keen bakers Rabia and Ayesha to make cakes and biscuits.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 5 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays